We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than here.
The OpsTech IT team needs an individual with excellent analytical abilities, knowledge of business intelligence solutions, as well as outstanding business acumen and the ability to work with quantitative and business teams. Our top candidate will be a self-starter comfortable forging their own trail, with a sharp eye for details, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and the ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership.
As a Business Analyst, you will work with our team to create analytical tools that will ultimately be a key driver in driving efficiency through KPIs.
Key responsibilities include:
· Generating actionable insights through the development of metrics, dashboards and deep dive analyses.
· Providing insights to leadership as new initiatives are being identified, prioritized, implemented and deployed.
· Serving as a business metrics professional and insight provider in the organization.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or a related field
· 3+ years of professional experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics position
· Advanced working knowledge of data mining using SQL, ETL, data warehouse as well as Excel
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
· Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
· Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
· Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
· 5+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
· Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA)
· Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization using Tableau
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world.
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind.
You'll also hear us say that at Amazon, it's always "Day 1." What do we mean? That our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon's very first day - to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and focus on delighting our customers.