Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Financial Technology is looking for a results-oriented, innovative software development engineer who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems that support Amazon's current and future business needs. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. We need someone to design and develop services that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned engineer. In this position, you will play a leading role in architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale critical and complex financial applications. You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-motivated, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. You will work across Amazon engineering teams and business teams across the globe in planning, designing, executing and implementing this new platform across multiple geographies.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years of software development experience with Java, Python, Ruby, or C#/C++
· Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD)
· Be able to deal with ambiguity and independently drive, design, and implement large scale software solution
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world.
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind.
You'll also hear us say that at Amazon, it's always "Day 1." What do we mean? That our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon's very first day - to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and focus on delighting our customers.