Are you passionate about the developer experience? Want to make an impact on how thousands of development teams build products? Do you have great ideas on how to build powerful, intuitive development tools? If so, we want to talk to you!
This role is on a team building a major new component of the AWS Developer tools- CodeCommit, CodePipelines, CodeBuild and CodeDeploy. We have a great vision of the problems we want to solve but there's still a lot work left to design and build the solution. The console for this new service will be critical to delivering a delightful customer experience and creating a competitive product. We're looking for a Front-End Engineer who is passionate about building this experience. In this role you will be working closely together with UX Designers, Product Managers and other developers to define and implement our console. You will also collaborate with other experienced console developers working on the AWS Developer Tools.
On this team you will play a leading role in the design, roadmap and development of this new tool. You will:
· Work with development teams across Amazon as your core customers.
· Identify and eliminate developer pain points in multiple languages and toolchains.
· Iterate, test new ideas, and shape the future vision for software development at Amazon.
· Work closely with remarkable engineers and business leaders on hard problems.
· Drive operational excellence and continuously improve the performance and security of the service console.
Location options include Virtual, Seattle WA, Arlington VA, Berlin DE, Amsterdam NL.
· BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Passion for building and improving developer tools.
· 3+ years experience decomposing a problem into clear software and UX design actions. Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity.
· Experience developing applications in React.
· Experience instrumenting software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience.
· Understanding of how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
· Familiar with how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately, respectful of customer’s devices, etc.).
· Understands and able to articulate the risks and benefits of introducing dependencies.
· Knowledge of engineering and operational excellence best practices.
Excited about this position, but think you might lack some of the qualifications? Give it a shot, we love helping talented engineers grow!
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world.
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind.
You'll also hear us say that at Amazon, it's always "Day 1." What do we mean? That our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon's very first day - to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and focus on delighting our customers.